This page is to update our valued clients on the measures that are bring implemented at Ajax North Pet Hospital as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
** COVID-19 UPDATE # 2 **
20 March 2020
Ajax North Pet Hospital is encouraging everyone to practice the advice of social distancing given by the Ontario Chief Medical Officer as well as Canada’s Chief Medical Officer as part of the COVID-19 outbreak. In order to continue servicing our clients and to help support the provided advice as part of promoting and being responsible citizens, we will be implementing the following temporary measures that will be in place until further notice:
- Starting Monday March 23rd, 2020, our temporary business hours will be
- Monday to Friday from 8:00AM to 5:00PM.
- Saturday: Closed.
- The change in hours is based on the recommendations set forth by the governing bodies of the veterinary practices in Canada and Ontario given the current COVID-19 outbreak.
- We highly encourage all clients to practice hands washing and social distancing.
- If you are feeling sick, please do not bring your pet but arrange for someone else who has not been in contact with you to bring your pet into the hospital with your permission.
- No one will be allowed to accompany the pet in the hospital at any time. We will be temporary using drop off procedure at the hospital door in an effort to speed our services and reduce potential COVID-19 risks. We appreciate your understanding on this matter.
- Starting immediately, we request all clients to pay for services through debit or credit cards or e-tranfer. No Cash will be accepted in an effort to reduce handling items and keep everyone safe including our clients and staff.
- We advice all current and new clients to call ahead and book an appointment for your pet(s) as walk-ins will NOT be accepted going forward. This measure is for our clients’ safety and is put in place to avoid having multiple people at the same time in the hospital as well as to practice good social distancing for the health of everyone.
- All clients are kindly requested to keep pets in carrier or on short leash for the safety of everyone.
- We have now been informed by our suppliers that all food orders will now require up to 7-10 days to be fulfilled. All order must be submitted to Ajax North Pet Hospital by 11:00 AM on any day. Additionally, there will be a limitation on the number of food items that can be placed as per the suppliers’ request due to the overwhelming amount of orders on their end. Rest assured, Ajax North Pet Hospital will do its best in order to support our clients and their pets. We would like to stress that there is no shortage of food or medicine from the suppliers. There is no need to hoard items and we respectively as you to please practice social responsibility when it comes to ordering food and/or medicine.
- All clients are asked to wait to receive the notification that their orders have arrived before coming by in an effort to encourage social distancing and speed the pickup process. Additionally, we are unable to store food so clients are encouraged to come and pickup the food as soon as they are notified that the orders have arrived.
The Team at Ajax North Pet Hospital
If you have questions about our promotions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the clinic at 905-428-8387
** COVID-19 UPDATE # 1 **
17 March 2020
With growing concerns around COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we wanted to take a moment and update you on our response to this developing situation.
We are taking important steps to help you stay protected. We are also continuing to monitor the situation closely and are following latest guidance and advice from local, provincial and federal health authorities.
Now that Ontario has a state of emergency in effect, we would like to inform you that we will remain open for as long as we can. However, in order for us to do so and be able to serve your pet’s need, we are implementing the following measures:
1. We have increased the frequency of the disinfection of all contact surfaces, especially high traffic surfaces (such as door handles, light switches, chairs, debit machine, common area surfaces, etc..) are being disinfected after each use.
2. We kindly ask all clients and associates to wash their hands regularly and to use the provided hand sanitizer available at reception, immediately upon entry to the clinic.
3. To protect yourself and others, we also ask that our team members and/or anyone who is feeling unwell (symptoms of cough, difficulty breathing or fever) to immediately contact your primary care provider and reschedule any pending appointments at our clinic.
4. For clients that are feeling unwell and are in need of veterinary services, they are encouraged to send the patient to our facility by a friend or family member who has not been in contact with you, with the permission of the pet owner of course. This way we can ensure a safe and comfortable environment for everyone.
5. Currently there are No changes to our business hours or the treatments/procedures we provide. Please continue check our website and/or your email to check on the status of our business hours as the situation develops. Rest assured we will inform you of any changes in our daily opening hours or of any restrictions that relate to the care that we provide to your pets.
Again, we will continue to monitor this situation closely and refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization and other public health agencies to determine the safest course of action.
We thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
Stay indoors and stay safe!
The Team at Ajax North Pet Hospital
If you have questions about our promotions please email us at
email@example.com or call the clinic at (905) 428-8387